POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 27 Mar 2001 09:30:46
Message: <3AC0A349.2850430D@videotron.ca>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Now using multiple sine waves with different frequencies,
> amplitudes and phase. (Thanks Christoph)
>
> The color is also varied slightly.
>
> Gail
> * gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
> * http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
> * The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *
>
>  [Image]

Very good!  However...

1 - The left and right edges should be less sharp and blend more into
the night.
2 - Add one more sine wave whose period is roughly the length of the
whole aurora and whose amplitude is roughly 1/4th of the length.

Or better yet, ignore me and do whatever you feel like.

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
    flabreque     | terrestrial intelligence is that they never